ExIT Shoes is my one man custom handmade shoe shop in Portland, Oregon.
I learned to make shoes from great craftsmen in the United States and the Netherlands. My goal is to continue the European tradition of making shoes for individuals based on their actual feet using the best available materials.
Shoes made for You
There are many ways to make a shoe. I’m most interested in the best methods for the shoes I make. Those are not necessarily the fastest. The shoes I make are:
- Made from the highest quality 100% vegetable tanned leather
- Chrome free
- Carefully designed with attention to detail and construction
- Made to be resoled for many many years of wear
- Very light, soft and flexible
- Made with all leather components
- Made by hand in Portland, Oregon
I offer custom shoes to fit your feet and your style. A well fitted and well made pair of shoes should not stress at the seams. Worn soles can be replaced and heels rebuilt or recapped. With proper care, your custom shoes will easily last 10 to 20 years.
In the gallery you will find samples of my custom shoe styles. See the Custom Shoes and Shoemaking pages for details on how shoes are made and what it means to buy custom shoes. Please contact me to have custom shoes made for you.